|8.0/stable||196||29 Sep 2023|
|8.0/candidate||196||27 Sep 2023|
|8.0/beta||196||25 Sep 2023|
|8.0/edge||203||01 Dec 2023|
juju deploy mysql --channel 8.0/stable
Charmed MySQL revision 151
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Dear community, this is to inform you that new Canonical Charmed MySQL charm is published in
8.0/stable charmhub channel for bare-metal/virtual-machines.
The features you can start using today:
- Deploying on VM (tested with LXD, MAAS)
- juju constraints are supported to limit CPU/RAM/Storage size
- Scaling up/down in one simple juju command
- HA using Innodb Group replication
- Full backups and restores are supported when using any S3-compatible storage
- TLS support (using “tls-certificates” operator)
- DB access outside of Juju using “data-integrator”
- Data import using standard tools e.g. mysqldump, etc.
|MySQL||8.0.32||8.0/stable (r151)||Tutorial, Readme, Contributing||Apache 2.0|
What is inside the charms:
- Charmed MySQL charm ships the latest MySQL “8.0.32-0ubuntu0.22.04.2”
- VM charms based on our SNAP (Ubuntu LTS “22.04” - core22-based)
- Principal charms supports the latest LTS series “22.04” only.
- Subordinate charms support LTS “22.04” and “20.04” only.
Compatibility with legacy charms:
- New MySQL charm is a juju-interface compatible replacement for legacy charms such as “MariaDB”, “OSM MariaDB”, “Percona Cluster” and “Mysql Innodb Cluster” (using legacy interface “mysql”, via endpoints “mysql” and “mysql-root”). Other legacy interfaces such as “mysql-router” interface (“db-router” endpoint) and “mysql-shared” interface (“shared-db” endpoint) are also supported. However, it is highly recommended to migrate to the modern interface ‘mysql_client ’. It can be easily done using the charms library ‘data_interfaces’ from ‘data-platform-libs’.
Please contact us, see details below, if you are considering migrating from other “legacy” charms not mentioned above. Additionally:
- Tracks description:
- Charm MySQL charm follows the SNAP track “8.0”.
- No “latest” track in use (no surprises in tracking “latest/stable”)!
- Charmed MySQL charms provide legacy charm through “latest/stable”.
- Charm lifecycle flowchart diagrams: MySQL.
- Modern interfaces are well described in “Interfaces catalogue” and implemented by ‘data-platform-libs’.
How to reach us:
The document was originally posted here.